Wednesday, 3 August 2011

B.U.S.I.N.E.S.S. B.O.O.M. B.O.L.T.O.N. S.P.E.A.K.S. T.O. L.O.C.A.L. F.I.L.M. D.I.R.E.C.T.O.R. D.A.V.I.D. W.H.I.T.N.E.Y.

After the resounding success of Kandahar Break, local director David Whitney and those at Millhouse Films are eager for more from new projects such as Colombia, Flinders and The Guards.

Currently based in Bury, both David Whitney and Millhouse Films were originally set up in Horwich, where they began their journey to stardom with financial help from a local entrepreneurial investor. It was in this location that Kandahar Break, which went on to win the award for best film at both the Philadelphia Independent and the Newport International Film Festivals, was born and produced. The motion picture that is set in Afghanistan and filmed in the southern Pakistan deserts, resonated with movie-fanatics all over the World after being picked up by national and international distributors Revolver and Peace Arch Entertainment respectively. Having tasted
the rewards of hard work and dedication, the local director will be hoping to build on his success with new projects such as Colombia, Flinders and The Guards, the former of which is described on their website as “a thriller set in the Jungles of South America.”

If you enjoyed Kandahar Break, be sure to look out for David Whitney’s new films due to be released in the near future. For more information, visit their website at http://www.millhousefilms.co.uk/. 


No comments:

Post a Comment